Another fashion week has come and gone, darlings. The couture shows in Paris were, as usual, nothing short of spectacular. Below we bring you the highlights from fashion’s hautest runways. Inside the designer studio with Karl! Valentino splendor! Kiddie couture at Elie Saab…and more!
1. Chez Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld opened up his couture salon to the press.
2. Valentino debuted a breathtaking collection with Elizabethan influences, in what was Pierpaolo Piccioli and Maria Grazia Chiuri’s last collection together.
3. Elie Saab created couture for the children of the world’s .o1%.
4. Aouadi took couture to the streets and found inspiration in the Mosque-Cathedral of Córdoba, Spain—a World Heritage Site that has been a place of worship for Muslims and Christians for centuries.
5. Gilles Mendel debuted his first couture collection for his label J. Mendel in Paris.
6. What would Cate Blanchett wear? Armani Privé, of course! Below, a few options for the front row guest and actress’ next red carpet moment.
7. Supermodel Karen Elson returned to the runway for Versace. Grazie, Donatella!
8. Bonnets in fur, feathers, and even woven knits were a fun highlight at Jean Paul Gaultier. We expect to see these in an editorial spread, not on couture clients’ heads.
9. Hopefully, at least one very privileged and brave bride will don Viktor & Rolf’s epic bridal gown—a far cry from the tamer versions they’re creating for their new bridal collection, Viktor&Rolf Mariage.
10. Stunned models, thigh-high rain boots, beekeeper hats, and metallic anorak dresses. Plus, Anna Cleveland in a Napoleonic naval bicorne hat! What’s not to love at Maison Margiela?