American Dream is the place to be during the holidays. Located just minutes from New York City in East Rutherford, New Jersey, the entertainment, retail, and dining complex is a sprawling 3 million square feet with something for everyone. In between shopping for gifts, guests can enjoy attractions such as DreamWorks Water Park, Nickelodeon Universe theme park, SEA LIFE aquarium, BIG SNOW ski hill, Dream Wheel, a 300-square-foot observation wheel offering stunning views of NYC’s skyline, and more! You also can’t miss the first-ever MrBeast Burger restaurant, and the world’s first and only candy department store, IT’SUGAR.
There’s no shortage of shopping options, with the only Saks Fifth Avenue in New Jersey, a two-story Hermès flagship, Dolce & Gabbana, and more. Its retail portfolio also includes Sephora, Lululemon, Zara, Primark, H&M, and more. ’Tis the season of Dreamland.
1. Get on Santa Shrek’s nice list and come celebrate the holiday season at DreamWorks Water Park! Everyone’s favorite ogre will be decked out in Santa gear, ready for a photo op with the entire family.
2. Geoffrey’s Express. Guests of all ages are able to enjoy a train ride through American Dream on Geoffrey’s Express!!
3. Skate with Santa. The Rink gets in the holiday spirit with festive themed nights all month long. American Dream invites guests to come skate with Santa and his helpers on its NHLregulation- size ice rink. Ugly sweaters welcome!
4. Visit Santa in the Lavender Escape garden. He’ll be in the lavender suit!
5. Chanukah at American Dream. To celebrate Chanukah, American Dream will be hosting a nightly lighting of American Dream’s 30′ x 30′ menorah, designed by Jonathan Adler. Dates: Nightly from December 18–26.
6. The Avenue at American Dream will have its own holiday experience featuring brunch with Santa and Mrs. Claus at Carpaccio. The Avenue will feature festive décor perfect for holiday photos and Instagram-worthy shots.