Want to share your news with us and see your name and company in our weekly media roundup? Email us at email@example.com.
1. Jennifer Bett Communications has launched a content division, to be led by former editor, Maura Brannigan. The division will provide editorial and content services to clients, maximizing traffic and SEO, managing digital content, and developing new channels such as blogs and newsletters. Brannigan was most recently with WeWork, but has held positions at Fashionista and Condé Nast and Hearst publications.
2. Hearst Magazines has named Carol A. Smith SVP, publishing director of Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, and Marie Claire. Smith, who has been VP, publisher, and CRO of Harper’s Bazaar since 2011, is adding Elle and Marie Claire to her responsibilities, as Kevin O’Malley — their longtime SVP, publishing director, and CRO — is retiring.
3. Thom Bettridge is the new Editor-In-Chief of Highsnobiety. Click here to read more about this story.
4. Bertrand Guyon, former design director of Schiaparelli, has joined Maria Grazia Chiuri’s team at Dior.
5. Paolo Riva is stepping down as CEO of Victoria Beckham after only one year for “personal reasons.” Read more about this story, here.
6. Darren Hawrish has been named CEO of BN3TH.
7. Cougar shoes has appointed Jackie Charest as its VP of marketing.
8. Enrique Menendez has been named editor-in-chief of Jing Daily.
9. Laura Schroeder, previously an account director at Karla Otto, has joined AZIONE as an account director. Meanwhile Alexis Ford, formerly senior account executive at THINK, has been named account executive at the firm.
10. Julie Tong has joined Vogue as its commerce editor.
11. Jillian Claybrook has joined The Lead PR as a senior account executive.
12. Nicole Franco has joined Zimmermann as its PR director.
13. Taylor Boozan, previously with Paul Wilmot Communications, is now PR manager of TAG Heuer.
14. Tricia Starr Dudley, director, PR and marketing at Lela Rose, has left the company.
15. Valeria Carrasco, formerly VP at Trent & Co., has been named VP at Covet PR. Daniella Totaro has been made an account coordinator at the firm. Erica Flores, formerly intern at Covet PR has been promoted to account coordinator. And finally Nalatie Tchokreff, Alexa Karp, Tessa Tooman, Mikaela Hong, and Kendall Stoudt, have all joined the team as interns.
16. Sally Ruan, previously a junior account executive at Agentry PR, has been promoted to account executive.
17. Karrah Goldberg has been named account executive at EJ Media Group. Meanwhile Tara Dalton has joined the consumer lifestyle team at the company as an assistant account executive.
18. Jenn Eiskamp, previously account executive at Flashpoint PR has joined Demonstrate PR as an account executive in the San Francisco office. Meanwhile Cody Goins has been promoted from senior manager of social content to director, social media; and Marisa Ochoa has been promoted from account executive to sr. account executive.
19. PR Consulting is now representing Mango in the US.
21. PR VEIN is now representing Dr. Aisha McKnight-Baron and Breast Body Beauty.
22. Now + Zen Public Relations is now representing Anna Kosturova.
23. Linlee Allen-Homs/Delinlee Delovely PR is now representing IZIPIZI Eyewear.
24. Linda Gaunt Communications is now representing BLDWN.
25. Rio PR is now representing BorderX Lab.
26. AZIONE is now representing Hoka One One.
27. Erin Kelly PR is now representing Caviar & Cashmere.
28. ICA is now representing Lili Claspe Jewelry and LMS.
29. Samantha Slaven Publicity is now representing Posh Peanut.
30. Beach House PR is now representing H2O+.
31. CO is now representing Gemist, Dana Faith, INHABIT, and Corita.
32. Style House is now representing Catimini Kids USA.
33. Lawlor Media Group is now representing Ann Liguori and Maryanne Parker.
34. Heather Magidsohn Consulting is now representing Acler.