It was inevitable that Gwyneth Paltrow would release images from her surprise wedding to Brad Falchuk on Goop at some point, it was just a question of when. Well the wait is over, as today the pictures have finally dropped! “Took me a minute to get it together,” she wrote on Instagram. “But at long last, for those who have requested, a little look inside the best day of our lives.” The pair, who were engaged about a year ago, quietly got married at the end of September. So what went down at the event? Here’s what we now know:
View this post on Instagram
- The entire event (including the rehearsal dinner, wedding, and reception) took place in Amagansett, New York, under gorgeous tents.
- Paltrow’s gown was Valentino couture. During the reception she changed into a Stella McCartney jumpsuit.
- Gucci Westman did Paltrow’s makeup.
- Falchuck and his groomsmen wore grey Tom Ford suits.
- Apple Martin was a bridesmaid, wearing a Monique Lhuillier dress.
- There were 70 guests in attendance, including Cameron Diaz (who may have also been in the bridal party), Steven Spielberg, Rob Lowe, and Derek Blasberg, as well as Paltrow’s friends from middle school, and Falchuck’s friends from high school.
- Robert Downey Jr. gave a speech at the reception. An ’80s dance party followed dinner.
- The dinner was cooked by Mario Carbone. Paltrow and Falchuck had their first date at one of his restaurants, and called the moment “full-circle.”
- After the wedding the decorative flowers were donated to local hospitals.
Congrats to the happy couple! See all the images here.