Meet Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen’s Dishy Chef

by Eddie Roche
Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen

Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen BFA.com

Meet Allen Campbell, who takes the “private” out of “private chef” and recently dished to Boston.com on the eating habits of his clients Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen. “80 percent of what they eat is vegetables,” Campbell revealed. “[I buy] the freshest vegetables. If it’s not organic, I don’t use it. And whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 percent is lean meats: grass-fed organic steak, duck every now and then, and chicken. As for fish, I mostly cook wild salmon. It’s very different than a traditional American diet. But if you just eat sugar and carbs—which a lot of people do—your body is so acidic, and that causes disease. Tom recently outed Frosted Flakes and Coca-Cola on WEEI. I love that he did that. Sugar is the death of people.” He goes on to explain that Mr. and Mrs. Brady have also eliminated coffee, caffeine, and dairy, and even tomatoes (!!!!) are rarely on the menu because they cause inflammation. The couple’s two kids, Vivi and Ben, are also fed by Campbell, who became obsessed with plant-based diets while working at the Gansevoort Hotel in Miami. “I just did this quinoa dish with wilted greens. I use kale or Swiss chard or beet greens,” he said. “I add garlic, toasted in coconut oil. And then some toasted almonds, or this cashew sauce with lime curry, lemongrass, and a little bit of ginger. That’s just comfort food for them.” Note to self: Avoid all dinner parties at Casa Brady/Bündchen.

campbell-6346

Photo courtesy of Boston.com

You may also like

Leave a Comment

X