The 2015 British Fashion Awards nominees are in! And while there’s a long list to share, there are a few nominations to note:
- J.W. Anderson, 31, who hails from Northern Ireland and has been turning heads with his gender-neutral designs and runway shows (men wearing skirts, women wearing men’s shirts, etc.) has been nominated for both womenswear designer of the year and menswear designer of the year.
- Victoria Beckham is one of three in the running for womenswear designer of the year—a significant move forward. She’s previously been awarded brand of the year, in 2011 and 2014.
- Kane is the third nominee in the womenswear category.
- Four designers have two nominations each: Christopher Kane, Tom Ford, Anderson, and Erdem Moralıoğlu (a previous womenswear designer of the year).
- E. Tautz and Ford are the two other contenders for menswear designer of the year.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony at the London Coliseum on November 23, held by the British Fashion Council in partnership with Swarovski. As promised, the list…
Emerging Womenswear Designer
Faustine Steinmetz, Molly Goddard, Thomas Tait
Emerging Menswear Designer
Astrid Andersen, Wales Bonner, Mr. Hare
Emerging Accessory Designer
Charlotte Simone, Fernando Jorge, Jordan Askill
New Establishment Designer
Craig Green, Emilia Wickstead, Mary Katrantzou
Erdem, Margaret Howell, Paul Smith
Christopher Kane, J.W.Anderson, Victoria Beckham
E. Tautz, J.W.Anderson, Tom Ford
Charlotte Olympia, Sophia Webster, Tabitha Simmons
Red Carpet Designer
Christopher Kane, Erdem, Roksanda, Tom Ford
Alexander McQueen, Anya Hindmarch, Burberry, Stella McCartney
Georgia May Jagger, Jourdan Dunn, Malaika Firth