If the fashion biz was a school, it’s pretty safe to say that Aliza Licht would be one of the most popular girls in the class. When Twitter started gaining buzz, she was one of the first to jump on board, creating the anonymous @DKNYPRGIRL account before eventually revealing herself to her massive following. Now Donna Karan’s SVP of global communications is sharing her experience in the biz, plus her wisdom and wits, in her book Leave Your Mark, which is filled with her advice on landing your dream job, managing social media, and stories from her years climbing the ranks. Is there anything we don’t know about Aliza? She divulged 15 fun facts about herself to get it all out there.
1. I hate sharing food.
2. My middle name is Rachel.
3. I own one pair of sneakers.
4. I’m president of the parent association at my children’s school.
5. I get hangry if I don’t eat lunch by 12:30 p.m.
6. I have a gym in my building that I forgot to go to for eight years.
7. I took the MCAT’s.
8. I’m really into cars.
9. I can pretty much build or fix anything.
10. I color my own hair.
11. I’m a Star Wars fan.
12. I wrote my book between 9:30 p.m. and 1:30 a.m. in three months.
13. I watch waaaaay too much Disney channel.
14. I am horrible at sports.
15. I can’t swim underwater, for fear of my hair drying like a Chia pet.