Want to share your news with us and see your name and company in our weekly media roundup? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Virgil Abloh will have a three-night nightlife residency at the Wynn Las Vegas. He will play the XS Nightclub on June 29, the Encore Beach Club on September 30, and will play XS again on October 11 with Black Coffee.
2. Edward Menicheschi has been named chief global commercial officer for The Hollywood Reporter–Billboard Media Group.
3. Vice Media has named Carlos Nazario the new global fashion director of i-D. Click here to read more about this story.
4. Angelina Jolie has joined Time magazine as a contributing editor. Read more about this story here.
5. Wendy Naugle, previously executive editor of Glamour, has joined People as deputy editor.
6. Meanwhile there have also been a few promotions at People: Kate Coyne is now editorial director, entertainment; Cindy Sanz is now editorial director, news and human interest; and Lizz Leonard is now the West Coast executive editor.
7. Julie Tong has left her position as fashion editor at Yahoo Lifestyle.
8. Kiersten Popke, formerly an account director at Ogilvy, joins SHADOW as account manager, fashion and retail.
9. Erica Nardella, previously an account executive, has been promoted to senior account executive, beauty at SHADOW.
10. Jonathan Levitt has been appointed CMO at Psycho Bunny. He was previously CMO at Reitmans Canada.
11. Curtis Kelly, formerly senior PR consultant, has been promoted to PR manager for The Tour Guy.
12. Nikki Dion has joined The Consultancy PR as an account executive. She was most recently with Ketchum.
13. Nicole Swansen, previously an intern at Nylon Consulting, has joined The Consultancy PR as a PR assistant.
14. Phyllis London has rejoined Battalion PR as an affiliate partner. In addition to her own consulting work, she will be collaborating with the Battalion team on select jewelry clients.
15. Sydney Reising Creative is now representing KESH.
17. Sunshine Sachs is now representing Timberland.
18. The Promotion Factory is now representing timepieces by Salvatore Ferragamo and Versace.
19. Agentry PR is now representing AKNVAS.
20. Battalion PR is now representing Marina B.
21. Lawlor Media Group is now representing Hampton Hills Golf and Country Club and Harpoon House Hotel.
22. ELR Media Group is now representing Fallon & Royce.