Last week, students from the top fashion schools in the country presented their work for the 12th annual Supima Design Competition at NYFW. Since last May, the designers have been hard at work creating capsule women’s eveningwear collections that highlighted the unique characteristics of Supima cotton, as provided by its prestigious brand partners, including Albini, Brooks Brothers, Colorich, Nice Dyeing, Olah Inc., Olimpias, Rainbow, Tintex, and Uniqlo.
Designs were judged on originality, execution, and ability to showcase the cotton used. In the end, Gina Guo of Drexel University was named the winner by a panel of esteemed judges. Guo was excited beyond words after the show, but said she was most looking forward to relaxing after the challenging process of completing her collection.
See pieces form Guo’s collection, as well all those who participated, below.
1. Gina Guo, Drexel University
2. Isabel Hajian, Rhode Island School of Design
3. Yoohyeon Kim, Savannah College of Art & Design
4. Andrew Kwon, Parsons School of Design
5. Linh La, Academy of Art University
6. Ishwari Vijh, Fashion Institute of Technology
7. Shuxian Kong, Kent State University
8. Illene Martoseno, Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising