Zegna Acquires Thom Browne, Lanvin Appoints New CEO

by Aria Darcella

Read today’s dose of chic intel right here…

Zegna Buys Thom Browne (Business of Fashion)
The Ermenegildo Zegna Group has just bought Thom Browne for approximately $500 million. The Italian company now owns a controlling 85% of the New York label, with Browne himself retaining the remaining 15%. “I feel that their passion for only the best quality and craftsmanship is very much aligned with how I have always approached my collections,” Browne said in a statement. “My conceptual approach to design and the long-term vision of growing a true luxury design-led collection for men and women is something we both feel strongly about as the future strength of Thom Browne.”

A post shared by Thom Browne (@thombrowneny) on

Jean-Philippe Hecquet Joins Lanvin as CEO (WWD)
Lanvin has announced the appointment of Jean-Philippe Hecquet as the brand’s new CEO. He was previously CEO of the French brand Sandro. “Fashion is a continuous challenge,” he told WWD. “I’m convinced that with a high-performing team and the strong support of Fosun Fashion Group we will make Lanvin beat again in the hearts of our customers.” Lanvin has yet to announce a creative director of womenswear in the wake of Olivier Lapidus’ exit.

YSL Beauty to Open Beauty Hotel in NY During Fashion Week (Elle)
In the age of Instagram, brands are focusing on creating “experiences,” and YSL Beauty is organizing a treat for fans during New York Fashion Week. The French luxury house will open a five-story “hotel” at the World of McIntosh townhouse in SoHo September 8th and 9th. Beauty lovers will be able to take in various amenities, including beauty counters, a pop-up shop, a cafe, and a pool. Sound like the perfect way to escape the fashion week grind!

Gillian Anderson Is Launching a Capsule Colleciton (Dazed)
Your favorite FBI agent/alien hunter/lauded actress Gillian Anderson is branching out into fashion! Anderson has begun previewing her capsule collection with the British brand Winser London, which will be available September 1st. So far the collaboration looks like a chic line of classics, with a masculine twist.


The Making of Erin Wasson’s Vivienne Westwood Wedding Dress (Harper’s Bazaar UK)
Model Erin Wasson was married a month ago, but fashion lovers still can’t get over her avant-garde dress. Today making-of images have been shared of her Andreas Kronthaler for Vivienne Westwood gown, showing just how much work, and love, goes in to every stitch.

A post shared by Erin Wasson (@erinwasson) on

Ruth Finley Has Passed Away (CFDA)
Ruth Finley, the founder and publisher of The Fashion Calendar, passed away over the weekend at the age of 95. The Fashion Calendar, which helped designers schedule their shows in New York, is a service that is still used today, and was acquired by the CFDA in 2014. “Ruth was everyone’s first phone call to so many fashion shows,” said Diane von Furstenberg. “She was a pillar of the industry for decades. May she rest in peace.”

A post shared by stevenkolb (@stevenkolb) on

Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook  and Instagram to stay up to date on all the latest fashion news and juicy industry gossip.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

X