Vanity Fair‘s Michael Carl is filled with wise, no-holds-barred advice for all sorts of sartorial matters. Here are Carl’s five ways to make it through Fashion Week…
1. Eat something. I know you think the girl sitting next to you has skinny arms, but she also looks like she is about to pass out. I know you also may think this is chic-looking, it’s really not. It’s always good to have a boy with you, because we get cranky without lunch.
2. I know it’s hard, God knows, but try your very best not to freak out about where you are seated. I know this is easier said than done, but it would make Fashion Week so much easier. I promise!
3. Get to the show on time. The perpetually late, frazzled editor is not a good look.
4. Show up 15 minutes early to Marc Jacobs. Haven’t you learned your lesson yet? Missing Marc can ruin your week, and guess what—everyone is doing roll call at this show.
5. Get over yourself and take the subway (myself included).
PLUS! His five thoughts at a fashion show that you shouldn’t say out loud…
1. Couldn’t this have been a presentation?
2. Wait, I can’t remember—does Andrew Rosen own this brand?
3. That outfit is very aggressive for a Saturday morning.
4. Are her arms skinnier than mine?
5. Boy, that Samira is beautiful and chic. That’s how I would dress if I were a girl. *Okay, that one’s okay to say out loud.