Friday, August 3 is #NationalWatermelonDay! Before you roll your eyes, take note: watermelon is this season’s ‘It’ ingredient. That’s right, from backyard BBQs to beauty aisles, watermelon’s having a moment. And why shouldn’t it? The sweet treat is packed with nourishing skincare benefits. Plus, its ultra-flattering, reddish-pink hue pairs perfectly with all shades of sun-kissed skin. Ahead, 10 ways to celebrate summer’s most glow-inducing fruit.
1. Glow Recipe Watermelon Pink Juice Moisturizer
90% of this lightweight, oil-free moisturizer is derived from vitamin and antioxidant-rich watermelon to soothe and hydrate. Ideal for oily and combination skin types, you’ll love its bouncy feel and Jolly Rancher-esque scent.
2. Kocostar Watermelon Slice Mask
Comprised of 12 individual (and instagram-worthy!) “slices”, this mask is infused with watermelon extract to soothe and moisturize skin.
3. Milk Makeup Watermelon Brightening Serum
Those looking for a glow on the go will love this multi-tasking serum stick, which includes watermelon fruit extract for immediate and lasting hydration.
4. Dior Addict Lip Tattoo in Watermelon
The vibrant, flirty shade of this lip stain suits almost anyone. You’ll love its no-transfer finish, which stands up to summer heat and humidity.
5. Make Up For Ever Artist Color Shadow in Watermelon
Embrace bold eye color with this high-impact pink, which is surprisingly wearable.
6. Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color Duo in Ripe Watermelon
Create a healthy, radiant glow with this vibrant shade, which works perfectly on sun-kissed skin.
7. Sephora Collection Cleansing and Exfoliating Watermelon Wipes
Wash the day (and your watermelon-colored makeup) away with these sweetly scented, hydrating wipes.
8. Lancer Body Nourish With Watermelon Extract
The watermelon extract in this richly textured body cream helps skin retain moisture, leaving it ultra-smooth and supple.
9. FarmHouse Fresh Watermelon Basil Vodkatini Scrub
Keep skin soft and smooth with this indulgent body scrub, which perfectly captures the essence of a summerry cocktail (minus the hangover).
10. NCLA Nail Lacquer in I Been Drinkin’
This cheery shade of polish will look lovely on your nails, particularly if they’re wrapped around a juicy watermelon rind.