So much news about Dov Charney and American Apparel these days, n’est-ce pas? (The latest being that Charney, the freshly-ousted founder of the brand that makes some of the lowest-end cottons in your closet, just upped his ownership to 43 percent.) It got us thinking: remember when he gave that totally gonzo interview to Jane magazine back in 2004 while, um, self-pleasuring in front of writer Claudine Ko? We do, evidemment. So because testing you is loving you…Which of these insane quotes about delicates have been attributed to Mr. Charney?
- “I think for a designer to be in his underwear when he’s designing underwear is quite common. And I’m in my underwear in my office all the time.”
- “I’ve always considered underwear to be the keys to the soul. If not the soul, well, the keys to something.”
- “There is no evidence to say that you can’t walk around in your underwear all day anywhere in the United States of America.”
- “Underwear is the new naked.”
- “I frequently drop my pants to show people my new product.”
ANSWERS! 1, 3, and 5 are attributed to Charney, we completely made up 2 and 4.