A few weeks back, Ramy Brook creative director Ramy Sharp invited her chic set of influencers for a a Blogsgiving luncheon hosted by Honestly Kate blogger Katie Sands. All decked out in Ramy Brook ensembles, Sharp’s girls ate delicious Thanksgiving bites (there were delicious mini pumpkin pies) and mingled to kickoff the holiday of giving. “I love Thanksgiving and the holidays in general; we take such joy in celebrating with family and friends,” Sharp told The Daily. “My husband Rob and I entertain year-round and are always hosting dinner parties at our home, but there is something particularly special about Thanksgiving.”
In honor of Thanksgiving, and impressed by Sharp’s entertaining style, we asked the designer to break down how she celebrates Thanksgiving and her best tips for the holiday. Take it away, Ramy!
- The morning of Thanksgiving, I go work out. It’s good to get the blood pumping and the energy flowing ahead of the big day of cooking and eating! I am an avid SoulCycler, so you can always find me on the bike.
- Decorate your table with seasonal tones. I like to stick to maroon and burgundy, or if I am feeling more of a glitzy holiday vibe, I will occasionally go with bolder metallics.
- I like to make pretty name cards and place party favors on each guests’ chair. We often do funny hats or shirts and have everyone put them on for a goofy group photo.
- Speaking of photos…take lots of them! It’s fun to go down memory lane with pictures from past celebrations.
- Express gratitude.
- For dinner, serve soup and salad and set up a buffet for the main meal. It’s much easier for everyone to take seconds (or thirds or fourths…we make a mean turkey!).
- Finally, and perhaps most importantly, find a cause that is dear to your heart and volunteer. Every year my family and I serve hot meals at the Bowery Mission.
PLUS! Ramy’s take on holiday dressing!
Take advantage of the season’s rich undertones. This is the only time of the year when you can dress super decadently—velvet, sparkles, vibrant jewel tones, I love it all! At the moment, I am all about our wide-leg Iris Pant. Pair the pant with any top and you instantly look put-together, cool and like the most stylish girl at the party. They are magical.