Opening Ceremony recruited twenty-five-year-old, German-born, transgender pop star Kim Petras (try saying that five times fast!) to be the face of their new Fall 2018 and Torch collections, and the results are, frankly, delightful.
The campaign, styled by Petras’ real-life creative director Matthew Mazur, features Petras playing the parts of both an entitled shopper and a possibly even more entitled retail associate at OC’s Howard Street store.
1. We start with “Shopper Petra” breezing into the store, bags in hand.
Maybe she’s making a return? Or maybe she just spent a fortune and then saw something new in the window as she was leaving and just had to come back for more. Either way, the whole ordeal really looks like it’s taking a lot out of her.
2. Here she is trying on shoes.
Like I said, the poor thing is drained. Drained, I tell you! So much so that she can’t even put the shoes on herself. Also, she definitely just spotted something on that rack over there.
3. Here she is in the dressing room, loving what she sees in the mirror.
Nothing gives you life like staring at your own reflection; amiright, Petra?
4. Cut to “Sales Associate Petra” steaming out clothes on a rack.
The steamer doesn’t appear to actually be on, but she is serving double pink terry cloth with a crystal belt, so we’ll let it slide.
5. Here she is werking an in-store display.
No quite what her manager had in mind when he told her to bring out the new collection, but she’s getting there. Stop yelling!
6. Here we see her manning the personalization station on the shop’s ground floor.
And definitely judging all of your customization choices.
7. And finally, here she is inexpertly swiping a credit card while making a personal phone call and online shopping.
Let’s be honest, she really wasn’t made for this kind of work. “Visa? Ew. Amex Platinum or nothing.”