In our latest issue of The Daily Summer, Milly’s Michele Smith broke down her personal edit of 2015’s best summer songs, below.
1. “Cool for the Summer,” Demi Lovato: In my opinion, catchiest tune of the whole summer, and it was just released in July. Go, Demi!
2. “This Summer’s Gonna Hurt Like a Mother F***er,” Maroon 5: What the f**k is up with that song title? Catchy tune, but what the f**k?
3. “Can’t Feel My Face,” The Weeknd: Hmmm, why can’t you feel your face, dude?
4. “Want to Want Me,” Jason Derulo: I’m excited to see Mr. Derulo perform this song at the VH1 Save the Music Foundation’s Hamptons Live concert.
5. “Girl Crush,” Little Big Town: The second I saw Little Big Town perform this song in Austin last April,
I knew it would be a smash.
6. “Earned It,” The Weeknd: A slow, sexy little powerhouse of a tune.
7. “Fade Out Lines,” Avener: If you’ve spent any time in Europe recently, this is the song of summer there.
8. “Dreams,” Beck: I love you, Beck! Awesome tune.
9. “Hold My Hand,” Jess Glynne: This song is basically pure summer-love happiness.
10. “Sugar,” Maroon 5: You try not to like this song, but you secretly sing it in the car when you’re driving to the beach.