Want to share your news with us and see your name and company in our weekly media roundup? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Lola Rykiel, founder of the creative communications agency Le Chocolat Noir, has resigned from her long-time representation of the house Sonia Rykiel, founded by her late grandmother. She and her agency will continue to represent designers such as Marie-Hélène de Taillac, and is launching a new project this fall.
2. Lillian Yim, previously SVP of digital merchandising at Barney’s, has been appointed executive director, e-commerce of ShopBAZAAR, a distinct shopping experience curated through the lens of Harper’s Bazaar.
3. The new magazine Atmos has officially launched. It is led by founder Jake Sargent, a Monocle alumni who was most recently creative director of Simon Miller; and EIC William Defebaugh, previously of l’Officiel USA and V Magazine.
4. Roger Lynch, former CEO of Pandora, has been named the first-ever global CEO of Condé Nast. Meanwhile Jonathan Newhouse has been named chairman of the board of directors at the company. Click here to read more about this story.
5. KCD has a number of promotions this week. Marco D’Angelo is now senior publicity director. Tenique Bernard is now senior publicity director. Jummy Temidayo is now senior publicist. Madigan McGovern is now associate PR events manager. Charlotte Buchanan and Ariana Berg have both been promoted to publicists. Veroinca Bae has been promoted to digital publicist. Finally Lisa Marie Faillace is now a PR coordinator at the company.
6. Terry Long, communications director at 3.1 Phillip Lim, has left the company after four years. Bianca Iarrobino has returned to the company to fill the communications director role.
7. Noreen Malone, features editor at New York Magazine, has been promoted to editorial director. Meanwhile Genevieve Smith, most recently an editor-at-large at New York, has been promoted to features director.
8. Lisa Lu, a former publicity director at KCD, has joined Bergdorf Goodman as director of PR and events.
9. Suzy Nager is now senior manager of brand partnerships and integrated marketing at Bloomingdale’s. She had been with the company’s PR department for six years.
10. Samantha Devine, previously with DADA Goldberg, has joined The Consultancy PR in New York as account director.
11. Kiara Bass has joined The Consultancy PR in New York as account executive. She was most recently with the Wetherly Group.
12. Adrienne Houdmont, a senior manager at HL Group, has left the company.
13. Patrick McGregor, founder of KP McGregor Consulting, has added real estate to his portfolio of services. He has joined forces with The Mackay | Dixon Team at Douglas Elliman Real Estate.
14. John Averill has joined The Communications Store as an account director working on the men’s team.
16. Demonstrate PR has opened a New York City office. Victoria Rainone, formerly an account director, has been named managing director of the NY office, while Olivia Belinsky, previously an assistant account executive at Tractenberg & Co., has joined the team as an account coordinator.
17. Pulse Talent Management has opened an L.A. office. Emma Mannswirth has been appointed managing director. Kelly Elmore, previously senior global manager at Next, joins as director of talent, west coast. Finally Ginger Duran, previously digital director at theCATTWALK by Catt Sadler, joins as talent manager.
18. Pietro Boselli, model, is now represented by IMG Models.
19. Mariacarla Boscono, model, is now represented by IMG Models.
20. PR Consulting is now representing Lorod and Who Shirt Company.
21. Think is now representing Nafsika Skourti and Ninety Five Noir.
22. Magrino is now representing Miami Cocktail Co., Prestige Wine Imports, Scout, and The New York Public Library.
23. Agentry PR is now representing Dear Miler.
24. mml PR is now representing Clé de Peau Beauté.
25. Nouveau Communications is now representing HipDot Cosmetics.
26. Demonstrate PR is now representing Crow Works and The VOID.
27. Beach House PR is now representing Face Halo.
28. Erin Kelly PR is now representing Eleni and Chris.
29. Di Petroff PR is now representing the Bridgehampton Inn and Restaurant.