From graphic design to blogging, Kimberly Pesch celebrates personal style, photography, and everyday inspirations for fashion on her blog, Eat/Sleep/Wear. Giving us the scoop on her graphics background, holiday plans, and more, here’s what this New York-turned-Cali girl had to say…
Eat/Sleep/Wear. Are those the three things you live by?
Yes! They stand for my every day—living and breathing fashion and aesthetics in all aspects of my life.
Why did you start your blog?
I was working full-time as a graphic designer before I started blogging. I was bored at work and wanted to find a creative release to share with the world. It started as a fun way to be a part of this vast creative online community. Over time, it turned into a a full-time labor of love. I was sharing daily outfits and lifestyle peaks into my daily life, and covering events. With my background in graphic design, I attended an Arts University and had a great love and skill for photography and presentation, so I was able to put a modern step forward online. I think presentation is everything when it comes to your business, big or small. Making a splash with rich content and photography is so important in getting started.
Does having a graphics background give you an edge in the blogosphere?
I was a working graphic designer for about 7 years in the midst of me starting my blog. My first job was at a small boutique agency where I wore many hats and did the jobs of many different types of people. From mocking up presentations, speaking and presenting to clients, and branding a company from scratch were all very valuable pieces to learning how a business works and being able to work on all sides. My second design job was for a huge corporate company and there I learned a lot more about big business and corporate structure. Both jobs enriched my skill sets and helped to foster everything it takes to be a business owner, as well as both working and presenting myself as a professional.
Your style is…
Modern with an edgy twist.
Are you working on any projects?
What am I not working on these days? I am so fortunate to be a very busy girl. The holidays are one of the busiest times of the year for me, so be sure to stay tuned to see what I’m cooking up!
What can we expect on the holiday content front?
I am excited to be doing a weeklong giveaway this December! I have partnered with some of my favorite brands to do a giveaway each day for a week. I am also in the process of creating a series of gift guides leading all the way up to the New Year.
What’s on your holiday wish list?
Right now, I have my eye on a pair of shoes from Barneys. One day, those Saint Laurent booties will be mine!
Hostess gift recommendation for the holiday season?
A new thing I love: a gift basket with a fresh loaf of bread, your favorite berry jam, and a bottle of prosecco.
What can we find you doing when you’re not blogging?
Sitting on the beach with my hubby and dog, enjoying that West Coast sunset.
I wouldn’t call it a hideout, but lately I am always craving a good pizza and pasta night. I love to frequent Osteria la Buca for tasty Italian. It’s one of our favorite spots. If you follow me on Instagram, you know I walk my dog every day to Andante Coffee Shop in West Hollywood. I guarantee you will see me there.
What’s up and coming for you?
I’be been working on the interior design in my apartment. Our lease is up in May and that will be the next big adventure: finding a new place to live! For a while, I put off investing any time into finishing my space since I knew we were moving. I needed to feel more at home and have been making small updates to make our home more cozy and lived in.
PLUS! Kimberly’s Five Tips for Aspiring Bloggers
- Be authentic: You have to be yourself. Celebrate the individual you are and create content that feels like you.
- Quality photos: Invest in good photography. That could mean investing in a good camera or taking photography classes. In the end, these photos are a representation of your style, your brand, and yourself. Make them good!
- Show some love: Be active in your community. Comment on blogs you love and reach out to other people. We all have to support each other and a little love goes a long way.
- Have fun: It’ easy to get caught up in comparisons and how many followers you have on Instagram. In the end, don’t take yourself so seriously. Blogging should be fun, creative and inspiring to you as well as the people you are sharing with.
- Get Social: There are tons of blogger conferences these days and they were super helpful when I started blogging. It’s a great way to meet both other bloggers and brands and be able to mingle. You meet some incredible people and learn tips from people in your own industry. I love Create & Cultivate right now. I was a speaker in small group sessions and I learned just as much on the other side of the table.