Morgane Sézalory began her career by hand-sourcing vintage items and selling them on Les Composantes, an online home for her one-of-a-kind finds. She presented her vintage selections to her online community each month and the site quickly became a go-to shopping destination for French women. Following her digital success, Sézane, her brand was born. Now, she writes in for “10 Things…”
1. I started selling vintage pieces on eBay when I was 17 years old: My sister went to go study in London and left me with some of her vintage pieces, and I decided to try my hand at selling them!
2. I had a website called Les Composantes before starting Sézane: It was really through the encouragement of the community I built from Les Composantes (as well as my husband) that I decided to launch Sézane almost 5 years ago!
3. I have 2 little girls: Nina and Olivia, and they are the apples of my eye!
4. I love kundalini yoga and do it regularly in Paris, as well as when I’m traveling!: In NYC I really enjoyed taking lessons with an instructor named Desiree Pais.
5. I don’t drink caffeine: I start my day with fresh juice… no matter how tired I am 🙂
6. My favorite Sezane piece this fall is my Cooper sweater: I love the bright color and pretty little silk bow tie.
7. I love fresh flowers and have them in my home and our office and stores always: In Paris I love Bergamotte and in New York, it’s Flower Girl NYC.
8. I used to hate pink: But now since I have my two little girls it’s my favorite color!
9. I love burrata and tomatoes: it’s my favorite plate!
10. I’m always urging my team to think about how we can give back, especially as we grow: We created a t-shirt called “La Femme” for International Women’s Day this year and donated almost $200K to UN Women, and we’re working on even bigger philanthropic initiatives for next year!