Top 10 Moments of B-Day Girl Karlie Kloss
Today marks supermodel Karlie Kloss’ 23rd birthday! It’s hard to believe that the six-foot-one beauty is only 23, considering her beyond-impressive list of accomplishments. She continues to show her face everywhere, from fashion weeks around the globe and multiple magazine covers to a plethora of fall/winter ad campaigns, to name a few. All in all, Kloss has had a pretty amazing couple of years. In honor of her birthday, we’ve rounded up our ‘Top 10 Karlie Moments’ below. Happy birthday, love!
- Where it all began: She walked her first runway back in September 2007 for Calvin Klein’s spring 2008 show.
- Did you know … at 16 years old, she starred in a 2007 ad for Abercrombie Kids shot by Bruce Weber?
- Focusing on all-things career and friendships, the mod landed the cover (and a feature spread) of Vogue‘s March 2015 issue with bestie Taylor Swift.
- She won ‘Model of the Year, Social Media’ at our first Fashion Media Awards in 2013–score!
- She launched her own line of cookies–Karlie’s Kookies, that is–with Momofoku Milk Bar in 2012, bringing batches of gluten-free, dairy-free kookies for her mod pals to nosh on at shows backstage.
- On top of attending Harvard Business School, Kloss is now enrolled in NYU’s Gallatin School of Individualized Study. Talk about beauty and brains!
- She killed it at the Victoria’s Secret Runway show in 2014, marking her final show before giving up her wings a few months back.
- Yep, she’s tapped into design too! Kloss collaborated with Frame Denim to design the Forever Karlie jeans collection in 2014, available here.
- The Chicago native was named the face of L’Oréal Paris in 2014.
- Her most recent venture? A YouTube channel titled ‘The Klossy,’ giving viewers an unfiltered look at her life.